@LowBitLovecraft     Morgopolis Studios                                                 Good Stuff! About

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Magicians and Looters: Contrast Comparison

Left: Original                           Right: Extra Contrast


I've always put the brakes on heavy contrast because I didn't want the colors in the game to be too unrealistic.
But I'm starting to realize that I'm an idiot and not only do high-contrast characters look better, but they also do a better job of communicating on-screen events with the player (like being able to separate opponents from the background). Higher contrast makes the game easier and more fun to play.

2 comments:

  1. "Too unrealistic"? Stop for a moment and think about that for a second... fruit magician. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using the word to describe visual realism. There's probably a better word... (and it's probably visual realism)


    And how can you be so sure fruit magicians aren't real? You're like everyone else, telling me my petitions for teaching about fruit magicians in the classroom is a bunch of BS. "The burden of proof is on you," my ass!

    ReplyDelete