@LowBitLovecraft     Morgopolis Studios                                                 Good Stuff! About

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Monsters in California: Available on Amazon Kindle










Derrick’s parents are both dead, but he still sees them. 
He was diagnosed schizophrenic at age nine. He sees lots of things that aren’t real. He’s used to it. 

Nobody in Arvin, California knows this. Derrick just moved in. 
He works for minimum wage at a donut shop. His parents left him over three million dollars inheritance. Nobody knows about that, either. 

Except for Huey. 
Derrick’s dead parents’ former manager, Huey Dowsky, has fallen into debt with some very dangerous men. He’s armed, desperate, and he’s coming to pay Derrick a visit. 


None of this matters. There are monsters below us.



__________________________________




About damn time. It feels like I've been writing novels my entire life. Never published anything, until now.

This book is straight-up supernatural horror told from a first-person, present-tense narrative. I wrote the thing probably... four years ago? I'd have to check, but take my word for it. It's been a while.
In that time I decided to, essentially, make a new version of the book. The one I published is about half the size of the original, with a number of characters and chapters cut right out of the story (and a few were added, too).



1 comment: