@LowBitLovecraft     Morgopolis Studios                                                 Good Stuff! About

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I Love Legend of Grimrock



Seriously. That's it. I love the game. There's nothing else I have to contribute.

I've always enjoyed the concept of the first-person tile-by-tile dungeon-crawler with its small party of heroes and secret passages and all that crap. Wizardry and Eye of the Beholder. I'd play those games and I loved the mechanics that drove them, but none of them ever won me over entirely. I'd play for a few days and then find something else.

But Grimrock is different. This is the alpha and omega of dungeon crawlers. I don't know how they did it, but the game feels good to play. UI, controls, menus. Everything about this game is better than its predecessors. I've never had so much fun being chased by giant spiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment