@LowBitLovecraft     Morgopolis Studios                                                 Good Stuff! About

Saturday, May 21, 2011

My Childhood was a Lie!

So here I am; innocent, unsuspecting Justin stumbling around the internet, assuming for all these years that I had a proper upbringing.

And then I come across pictures of Birdie and her ninth birthday party.



Stop smiling, damn you!

Oh, the jealousy!

The world just isn't fair. Why didn't I ever get a Minecraft-themed birthday party? If my parents really loved me then they would've given me a creeper cake and a crafting table on my ninth birthday! I see now that I was just some diminutive after-thought that they would feed every now and then.

To anyone who's never played Minecraft
I'd imagine that this table covered in duct tape is entirely meaningless.



Honestly, it's a bit of a relief for me to see stuff like this.
A few years back I read an article on the Mario Generation, and how current-generation games are targeted exclusively for an older audience, while back in the eighties you had more of a kid-friendly focus, meaning that kids these days aren't going to have the same opportunity to enjoy games the way the my generation has (and still does). The article concluded that in twenty years only old codgers like myself are going to give a shit about video games.

Of course, that's all bullshit. The market has changed. It's expanded. And kids game just as much now as they did in my formative years. The only difference being adults (with $$$) have become a demanding market.




Hey Birdie! I bet you never got to eat this!
That's right, you over-privileged imp!
                                                                
             Ninja nets!

No comments:

Post a Comment