@LowBitLovecraft     Morgopolis Studios                                                 Good Stuff! About

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Oraskue



I've never done this before. I'm taking one of the monsters from M&L, inflating him to four times his original size, and then smoothing him out and adding extra detail. It's a bizarre experience sculpting a low-bit image into something that belongs in a higher resolution. The basic colors are finished on that thing on the left side of the image, and on the right I've just started smoothing out the top set of jaws. It looks like he's emerging from some primordial, 8-bit soup.

After all the pixel smoothing is done I'm going to add extra colors, smooth out the gradients, and put in lots of little details. Oh my god this is going to take forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment