@LowBitLovecraft     Morgopolis Studios                                                 Good Stuff! About

Monday, September 26, 2011

Gamer Atrophy

And for no reason at all, Actraiser!


Let me share with you my shame.


I used to play Tetris so much that I'd see blocks whenever I closed my eyes.
I played Street Fighter 2 so religiously that I literally developed blisters on my thumbs, which did not keep me from playing.
On multiple occasions, after being awake for over twenty-four hours, I would plop myself down in front of games like Team Fortress and crush anyone stupid enough to get in my way, because that's how you play a fucking video game.

Back when I was eleven years old, I used to play video games like a man.

But now?

I don't have a single MMO subscription.
The majority of my purchases this year were bite-sized indie games.
I can't even tell you the last time I played a fighting game.
Civilization 5 scares me (It actually scares me!), because I'm afraid I'll play it for too long.
That goes double for you, Minecraft.



My free time slips through my fingers on trite shit like bizarre animepointless blog posts, and (ironically enough) developing video games of my own. I used to be a gamer. I used to be steel, but now I've gone soft.



By the end of November I'll probably have quit my job and taken to pissing in jars.
Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment