@LowBitLovecraft     Morgopolis Studios                                                 Good Stuff! About

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Wizorb


I don't like the breakout genre.
90% of the time you're just watching the damn ball do it's own thing. I don't like breakout games for the same reason that I don't like pinball games. There just isn't enough interactivity.

But to be fair, ball-paddle gameplay has never been given much love. Have you ever played a breakout game that felt polished? With lots of features and a story and really, really nice graphics?

Wizorb is the breakout game that all other breakout games want to be. It's probably the best thing XBLI has received in the last few months.

The music is pretty flat, though.
And my deep love for the Shining Force games might be coloring my opinion on Wizorb's aesthetics.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I hate to do the "leave a general comment on the top post" thing, but I just pretty much read through your whole blog and found it real entertaining. The kicker was when I got all the way back to January and found the post about Kellogg's Raisin Squares and it's like damn, I just loved that ad when I was a kid! (I liked the cereal too, but like you say, who can be sure what nostalgia really tastes like.)

    Great way to waste a Sunday, anyway. Also, belated thanks for the review of Tiny Barbarian (I'm the guy who made it! :)

    ReplyDelete