@LowBitLovecraft     Morgopolis Studios                                                 Good Stuff! About

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Some Dude Yells About Megaman for Twenty Minutes


Egoraptor made his fame creating shorts about video games that looked like they were drawn during art therapy in a psych ward.
And that's all I knew about the guy. He was some kind of nut-job with talent.

But I had no idea the son of a bitch also had a solid grasp on game design.
Seriously, when I started watching this video I looked at the twenty minute timer and thought to myself, "There's no way this dude is going to spend twenty whole minutes talking about Megaman."

And then he does. And I was humbled.

And I found another, which is just as good:



To anyone who isn't a game developer, this stuff is probably going to come off as pretty boring, and even if you are a gamedev then you might find Arin's style to be annoying.
But to the three guys left, pay close attention because this dude really knows what he's talking about.

I hate to admit it, but I learned more from watching these videos than I ever did during a legitimate class on game design.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links on these! I think these would appeal to any obsessed gamer, not just ones who also design games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting to see his point of view, especially since he makes it so clear. But mostly I just like the way the 2nd video ends abruptly.

    Also, there is no such thing as a "legitimate" class on game design.

    ReplyDelete