@LowBitLovecraft     Morgopolis Studios                                                 Good Stuff! About

Friday, February 25, 2011

24 Hours: 1 Game

I've been working on a pretty large game project for a while now and it's looking really good (If you think 16-bit games look good then yes, it looks good), but I probably bit off more than I can chew and I think I'm well and good in the darker stages of burnout where you can still want to work on something but at the same time you really, really can't--not efficiently, at least.

But I have a solution!

I'm going to make a game, maybe a few games. I'm going to do them fast, too. The only point for doing this will be just so that I can have the satisfaction of actually making a game. I'm pretty confident it'll fix this burnout problem of mine.

Here are the requirements:

  •  Planning and content can be done on off-hours, but the coding needs to be completed within 24 hours.
  • 8-bit graphics. 320x240 resolution.
  • Sound effects produced in as3sfxr-b (not a sexy name, but it's a very sexy program).
  • Nothing fancy. Nothing innovative. Just a genre that everyone has played enough to make my project entirely pointless.
  • Needs a stupid name. This is non-negotiable.
  • Bad code. I'm good at this, but I'm still listing it here.


Check it out! I already did the artwork. Missile Master should be a stupid enough name, right?

Look at all that wasted image space. It's very inefficient, which is exactly what I want.

The SFX are ready, too.


If it's worth playing I'll make it available as soon as I'm finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment