@LowBitLovecraft     Morgopolis Studios                                                 Good Stuff! About

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Technically, I Haven't Been Working for 24 Hours

I've sort of been off-and-on the computer this weekend so it doesn't really count as 24 hours yet, right?

Holy shit, I can't even make a crappy shooter in 24 hours. This is literally the easiest genre to make a game for. I have no excuses. I'm just slow. Really, really slow.

Here, take a look at my work-log:

Hours 2 to 4 - Made the input code super complicated. At about 90% completion I deleted it all and wrote better code in under ten lines.

Hours 5 to 6 - Endlessly tweaked the controls.

Hours 7 to 8 - Convinced myself the velocity code was bugged. It wasn't.

Hours 8 to 9 - Put in the entire interface and then removed it all, because it looked hella lame.

Sooo...

Still in the oven. Not done yet.

Master your missiles on February 28th!

No comments:

Post a Comment