@LowBitLovecraft     Morgopolis Studios                                                 Good Stuff! About

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

This is Why I Lurk


The forum topic was the 3DS.
Comments are never informative, they're almost always radically biased and 99% of them are stupid as hell, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Comments threads are the Mako energy of the Internet.


Writing up a big post would be really fun right now but I'm still piecing together my "24-hour" game.
I have a new respect for shooters. I always thought of them as the simplest genre there is, and while maybe that's true there's still a ton of depth and nuance that can be injected into their design.
I'm totally in the polish phase of Missile Master and there's a lot I'd like to go over concerning the game's design, but I'm not saying a word until I upload the damn thing.

Well, except for the sound design. I'm pretty sure I unintentionally included knock-off versions of every NES game I ever played into the sound files. The game over sound in Missile Master is very close to being a combination of the game over sounds of both Mega Man and Doctor Mario. When I made the sounds I just felt they were right for the game, but now I realize that my 8-bit childhood hard-wired certain noises right into the pleasure centers of my brain.

(Omigod. speaking of hard-wired noises, I left that Mako link on in the background and now I desperately want to play FF7)

No comments:

Post a Comment